04 Jul How to Write a Compelling Letter of Recommendation?
When you apply for an MBA program at one of the top universities, you need not only submit a Statement of purpose but additional documents that further cement your admission to the particular university. In addition to your resume and SOP, you also need to submit a recommendation from 2-3 individuals belonging to the academic or professional field to strengthen your college application. These Letters of Recommendation play a crucial role when you need admission in a field like MBA. Since you have absolutely no control over the university application, you can make the best use of the things that you do have complete control on, for example, LORs.
Here are some effective tips for writing a winning Letter of Recommendation:
- Pick your recommenders
Business schools always prefer professional recommendations over academic ones. If three LORs are required, then try to approach a professional source rather instead of an academic recommender. If more than two LORs are needed by the university, then one of them can come from an academic source. It is crucial to pick your recommenders wisely because their stature and their experience are what counts when they recommend you for a program.
- Prepare your recommenders
When you pick your recommenders, give them a direction to follow while helping you with your Letter of Recommendation. You cannot expect people to be free to do enough research about you and write your LOR, but at least you can give them with the material and the information they need to write you a good recommendation. Here are some of the most important things that you need to provide your recommenders with, to help them with the LOR:
- Give them your updated resume, the one that you’re submitting at the university
- Give your Statement of Purpose, which reflects your personality in the best possible manner. You can take help of agencies offering SOP writing services India for the same.
- Remind them of the specific assignment and projects that you undertook under their guidance. Give them examples that they can use to highlight your abilities.
- Give them a list of B-Schools that you have applied to and the reason behind choosing them.
- Do not stick to the deadlines given to you by the university. Ask for your recommendations before the submission dates.
- Give them the correct information about your achievements.
- Say thank you
It is always good to thank people when you ask for help. Send a respectful thank you note, expressing your gratitude to the recommender for helping you with your MBA application. Also, do not forget to tell them how the recommendation turned out.
So, now that you have all the information with you, make sure that you follow these pointers to get your recommendations well in time. If you think there is any professional help needed for the same, you can contact SOP writers for MBA HR to assist you or your recommender for drafting an impressive LOR.